Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can I activate the shortcuts in cadence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aredhel_vlsi

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
activate shortcuts in cadence

Hello!

I have some problem activating the shortcuts in cadence. (ie : Q for properties, w for wire etc) how can I do that? I have the cadence and assura files from installation, but I don't know the path. it's worth finding it since it saves so much time!

thanks

shortcuts + cadence

aredhel_vlsi said:
Hello!

I have some problem activating the shortcuts in cadence. (ie : Q for properties, w for wire etc) how can I do that? I have the cadence and assura files from installation, but I don't know the path. it's worth finding it since it saves so much time!

thanks
You can use the example bindkey files in the C@dence suite in this directory:
$CDS_INST_DIR/tools/dfII/samples/local/
For schematic bindkeys, load the schBindKeys.il file, either from the CIW :
load("$CDS_INST_DIR/tools/dfII/samples/local/schBindKeys.il")
... or put this line into your .cdsinit file (in your home or working directory), in order to get the bindkeys loaded whenever you start your IC session.

activating bindkeys in cadence

Thank you! I tried to load that line at the CIW line, and it worked !
i also tried to write it in the .cdsinit file... But where exactly? In a certain point of the code? since I tried that, I see a message in the CIW when I open a schematic

" *ERROR*(LO) Fatal Error
*Error* working Directory, "//./" is not writable
ApplicationManager.setFileOutputStream() cannot create output stream
icfb Syncing Library list with the Library Manager "

How can I fix that?

shortcuts in cadence

aredhel_vlsi said:
i also tried to write it in the .cdsinit file... But where exactly? In a certain point of the code? since I tried that, I see a message in the CIW when I open a schematic

" *ERROR*(LO) Fatal Error
*Error* working Directory, "//./" is not writable
ApplicationManager.setFileOutputStream() cannot create output stream
icfb Syncing Library list with the Library Manager "

How can I fix that?

$CDS_INST_DIR is a Unix/Linux variable for your Cadence home directory. If you use another OS, it possibly won't work. In this case you must give the full path name, starting with a "/".
It doesn't matter where you write this load line into your .cdsinit file. Just make sure that you start with a new line; I'd suggest to append it at the end of the .cdsinit file.
The error message is mysterious for me also; I'd guess it results from a syntax error, may be due to the not understandable $CDS_INST_DIR path part. Better use the full path name instead.

how cadence shortcuts works

erikl said:
$CDS_INST_DIR is a Unix/Linux variable for your Cadence home directory. If you use another OS, it possibly won't work. In this case you must give the full path name, starting with a "/".
It doesn't matter where you write this load line into your .cdsinit file. Just make sure that you start with a new line; I'd suggest to append it at the end of the .cdsinit file.

whoo you're quick!

I use ubuntu 9.04. The only working solution is to write at the CIW

I tried to write that at the end of the .cdsinit file but didn't work. I tried that, after
the commands written in the file:

else
if( isFile( "~/.cdsinit" ) then
printf( "Loading $HOME/.cdsinit init file from the site init file.\n" )
loadi( "~/.cdsinit" )
)
)
;
;END OF THE SITE CUSTOMIZATION FILE
load("/home/myfiles/cadence/tools/dfII/samples/local/schBindKeys.il")

but it's not working :|

aredhel_vlsi said:
load("/home/myfiles/cadence/tools/dfII/samples/local/schBindKeys.il")

but it's not working :|
Strange; it works at my place. Another idea: The $WORK_DIRECTORY/.cdsinit file has priority before your ~/.cdsinit file, but both will be loaded/executed if they exist, in the order of the above said priority. Have a look into your ~/.cdsinit file if there's possibly a line which overrides the above load instruction by either loading another bindKey file or calling (loading) other initialization files (like, e.g., .cdsenv) which would execute such a command. In this case simply make sure that the above load command is the last one in the chain of all these init files.

Still another idea: Instead of the above load command, try the "load immediate" command loadi , like in the code you presented above.

Good luck! erikl

hello again! I finally found it. In case somebody has the same problem, just copy the "cdsinit" file from cadence files, at the directory you run the cadence file. then you needn't change anything in the code of the cdsinit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back