Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How and where can I master to use Modelsim6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtcx

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
best way to learn modelsim

hello friends!, as a designer in VLSI must be so strong in simulation point of view in both using the tool as well as designing the system itself,here for all my designs I use modelsim,but what I all know is to simply run the simulation without PAR done!....I get to know this isn't an effiecient way...I can feel that I don't have control on timming for all my designs.So I need to know where can one learn to use modelsim in a most efficeint way!,if there is any refernce or book released,plz denote it here....Or is it manual from mentor graphics that s enough?....Thanks

Reading the manual thoroughly is the best way to learn Modelsim if you got time.

You also can use the Debussy associate with Modelsim to simulate. Debussy can trace the signal, I think it will be more efficient.

get the modelsim simulator from modeltech and practice it.

As you would know, Mentor now has Questa - much more powerful than Modelsim with SystemVerilog support. If you want to explore more, I recommend you attend SVTB training and use the tool on a real life project. My company offers this training in Bangalore, see www.noveldv.com Under Trainings tab

HTH
Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

i remember Mentor'website has its flash tutorial,and you just play it and get to know it easily!

pwq1999 said:
i remember Mentor'website has its flash tutorial,and you just play it and get to know it easily!
the respective flash tutorials are accessible through Help->Tutorial .... from within all Mentor tools. Provided one has a legal copie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back