Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How about this PCB,TKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbtxbt

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all:
It's the first RF PCB in my life.I don't know how it will work.Maybe very badly.I would if you can give me some comments on the board,to tell me where it's good and where bad.TKS!
About the board:(see the attachment of the next reply)
It's a receiver circuit.While working,it will receive a signal about 2GHz with the minimum power of -113dBm。When the power is very weak,the pre-amplifier path will be selected by U1 and U4.If the power is great,the bypass path will be selected.I'm worried about the RF path structure and afraid there are too many zigzags on the RF propagate path.
The power of the LO signal can be up to 15dBm,so I concentrate great attention on the isolation between LO and RF or IF.
There will be a metal cavity on the board with many cells.Each cell will accommodate a functional unit of the circuit.

The file is .PCB , so which program you used ? can u please upload image version of your ct ( .jpg or .bmp) ?

Abu Ammora said:
The file is .PCB , so which program you used ? can u please upload image version of your ct ( .jpg or .bmp) ?

I'm sorry!
It's in Protel 99se format!
I will soon upload some pictures of the circuit !

The signal propagation path: RF --- RF fILTER --- MIXER --- IF AMP --- IF VGA

top layer: red (for RF signal)
layer 2 :grown(for a complete ground plane)
layer 3 :green(for a VCC plane with two patches of ground plane)
bottom layer : blue(for ground plane)

The hight between top layer annd layer2 is 0.23mm。

The RF input power is about -113dBm
The LO power is about +15dBm
RF gain (U1 U2 U3 U4) is about 30dB.
Insertion loss of RF Filter is 3dB
Conversion Loss of MIXER is about 7dB
Gain of IF AMP is 20dB
Maxium gain of VGA is about 33dB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search