Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hollow pads with Cadence Allegro / OrCAD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kw71

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys,

I'm working on some prototype PCB that I will manufacture in house. This is my first project with Cadence, and I haven't been fortunate enough to have the training yet.

Using FPM to create footprints is really nice, but it would suit hand drilling better if the pads were hollow instead of solid filled. The Cadence help implies that this cannot be done. It even says that custom pad shapes will be filled in solid.

Can I change the padstack to get them hollow, or use some touch up tool like GerbTool to change the gerbers?

Thanks! :)

They are called an "Annulus" shape.

If Cadence cannot do that, then you can do it yourself using GC-Prevue.

Export the gerbers.
Export the NC drill as Gerber not excellon.

Overlay the drill gerber on top & change it to composite.

That will become a negative view so you see a hole, hopefully that should print out as you want it.

kw71

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I think what you are asking is if you can visually see the drill hole in layout? If so, it is a simple setting in your user preferences.

eda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back