Status
Not open for further replies.

ck84

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody, I am trying to build a USB battery charger for my iPOD shuffle. Can anybody give me a hint? I will greatly appreciate your help.

Re: USB battery charger.

This should get you started.

**broken link removed**

You will also have to determine the characteristics of the battery
and maybe the charging profile.

Best regards,
v_c

ck84

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
USB battery charger.

hi all,

is it possibble to charge the ipod/other mp3 players, by simply putting external 5v dc with a current limiting resistor in series.....of the player's usb port and leaving the data pins unconnected??

i asking because...charging the battery via pc's usb port may not be possible on occasions....so a standanole charger turns quite useful!!!

thanks

Re: USB battery charger.

yes its possible but u have to use such an adopter that u r not using any resistance in series and it is supplying only required amount of current.

but if u cant find such an adopter, u have to select such a resistance that is not blocking all the current or max current. bcz mp3players have too low resistance for inputs so an AC2DC adopter with 200mA or something same would b used

USB battery charger.

hi ehsanelahimirza,

thanks for reply....have to ever tried charging you player that way?? i'm asking because i dont want to end up blowing my $100 player!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.