Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hints for building USB battery charger for iPod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck84

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody, I am trying to build a USB battery charger for my iPOD shuffle. Can anybody give me a hint? I will greatly appreciate your help.

Re: USB battery charger.

This should get you started.

**broken link removed**

You will also have to determine the characteristics of the battery
and maybe the charging profile.

Best regards,
v_c

ck84

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
USB battery charger.

hi all,

is it possibble to charge the ipod/other mp3 players, by simply putting external 5v dc with a current limiting resistor in series.....of the player's usb port and leaving the data pins unconnected??

i asking because...charging the battery via pc's usb port may not be possible on occasions....so a standanole charger turns quite useful!!!

thanks

Re: USB battery charger.

Jack// ani said:
hi all,

is it possibble to charge the ipod/other mp3 players, by simply putting external 5v dc with a current limiting resistor in series.....of the player's usb port and leaving the data pins unconnected??

i asking because...charging the battery via pc's usb port may not be possible on occasions....so a standanole charger turns quite useful!!!

thanks

yes its possible but u have to use such an adopter that u r not using any resistance in series and it is supplying only required amount of current.

but if u cant find such an adopter, u have to select such a resistance that is not blocking all the current or max current. bcz mp3players have too low resistance for inputs so an AC2DC adopter with 200mA or something same would b used

USB battery charger.

hi ehsanelahimirza,

thanks for reply....have to ever tried charging you player that way?? i'm asking because i dont want to end up blowing my $100 player!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.