Not open for further replies.

newbie_1

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

i'm on a high speed circuits design(2Ghz, digital and analog blocks), and i have 2 questions,
1. how can i add some parasitics in simulation? what parasitics should i add?
2. in layout, what should i care about?

really thanks a lot

1. PCB loss and dispersion, complete active and passive device characterization-models (package parasitics, ESD, I/O buffer), ground and power supply resistance and inductance, ...

2. good ground-plane, differential interconnection, great ground connection to passive and active device ground and power supply pins, no unnecessary stubs, ...

I would recommend you a signal integrity book, like Howard Johnson's "Black magic" and "Advanced black magic"

I think
(Only IC-design)

1. Use LPE(Layout parasitic extraction) after your Lay out done.
and Back-annotation (simulation using spectre ...etc)
2. Lay out carefully.
1. critical signalas as shot as possible.( to avoid extra parastic cap or Resistor)
2. Symmetrical ( specially differential Amp or differential signal handling block)
3. Use Power and Bias stability cap.

Any other idea?
Let's talk about above issue.
Enjoy...

Y.C

hi rfmw and park,
thank a lot. I wanna know what parasitics i should add in spectre simulation? and how much parasitics i should add?
thanks

2GHz, it's edge performance, I think only RC parasitics extracted from layout is not enough, the L reactance may complex problems.

a good of of signal integrity

High speed signal propagation

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…