Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High resistive poly resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc2

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
poly resistor

I am triying to draw a HIGH RESISTIVE POLY2 RESISTOR in my layout,
but in the netlist of the extracted file, the HIGH RESISTIVE POLY2 RESISTOR doesn't appear.

I draw a POLY2 layer and a HRES layer.
In the terminals, I draw a PPLUS layer.

What else do I have to do?
How do I draw those resistors?

thanks

wiki poly resistor

You can refer to the foundry PDR..... or alternatively, you can check LVS deck

poly resister

You can check your Dracula or Calibre or Diva or Assura LVS file.
Which technology do you use ?

uses of high resistivity poly

Sounds like a TSMC compatible CMOS technology/design kit. In this case you have to draw a resistor definition layer over the resistive path itself and a resistor trim layer over parts of the heads. Usually these layers are called resdef and restrim. Refer to your design manual for names/over and underlaps. Without these layers, the extract will not recognise it as a device.

Regards,

C.

c35b4m6

you should check your foundary library thathow they have define the polyresistor
according to that tool will generate the netlist.

high resistor poly

CK815, when I draw a resdef layer, a restrm layer, a poly2 layer, and a hres layer; the extract recongizes this device as a POLY2 RESISTOR(rpoly2), the extract should recognize this device as a HIGH RESISTIVE POLY2 RESISTOR(rpolyh).

I use AMS CMOS 0.35um

layout poly resistor

jc2, do you also have problems when you use the rpolyh pcell from PRIMLIB?
I checked and all you need is poly2, hres, resdef and pplus. resdef is covering the resistive path and touches pplus at the heads. Check your overlaps of hres.

Regards,

C.

rpoly2

thanks CK815,

if somebody could explain me, in great detail, how to draw a High Resistive Poly Resistor (rpolyh), I would appreciate it.
Please use drawings.

I use AMS CMOS 0.35um

thanks

p plus poly resistor

In case you use original PDK from AMS then you just send email to their support team - they are quick to response and will help you.
They also usually have decent documentation.

highly resistive path

I have same problem... I use rpolyh and rpoly2 resistors from PRIMLIB, but LVS not found it. I have 5 rpolyh and 6 rpoly2. LVS found in layout, 5 rpolyh and 6 rpoly2 but in schematic found 11 rpoly2. I don't know where is the problem???? Please help me...

rpolyh

Hi! I'm using AMS 0.35µm too and I've been having a problems when using rpoly2 or rpolyh cells from PRIMLIB.
The extract recognizes the rpolyh, but as an ivpcell view. LVS recognizes as well (checked the output files). When creating the netlist for postlayout simulation an error occurs because the simulator can't recognize any of the views for the rpolyh cell. I instinctively solve this by adding "ivpcell" in the switch view list. This time, no error occurs but the resistor is not listed in the netlist, but i have no idea why.
Can someone please help me, i'm kind of newbie with this. Thanks!

resistor poly

I guess only the process option: C35B3C3, C35B3L3, C35B4C3,C35B4M3, and C35B4M6 only offer high resistive poly module. Are you sure that you pick up the right process option so that the rule deck can understand the rpolyh?

high poly resistor

wpchan05 said:
I guess only the process option: C35B3C3, C35B3L3, C35B4C3,C35B4M3, and C35B4M6 only offer high resistive poly module. Are you sure that you pick up the right process option so that the rule deck can understand the rpolyh?

Thanks wpchan! I chose C35B4, but I don't know if it is C3, M3 or M6, it just says C3B4, is there a difference? and if it is, could this be the reason of the rpolyh issue?
Thanks!

high resistive poly resistor

when you start a new project, you should be prompted what process option to choose.

anyway, check the file $AMS_DIR/assura/c35b4/assura_tech.lib
you should have something like..

DEFINE c35b4 c35b4
DEFINE c35b4c3 c35b4c3

However, only C35B4C0 does not have high resistive poly option, so I guess there might be something wrong in your layout or in your schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back