Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High level external memory management

Status
Not open for further replies.

bouvett2

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I am currently designing a project which requires quite a considerable amount of memory. For this project I will be using the spartan 3e starter (Xilinx FPGA) board by digilent which has an MT46V32M16 DDR SDRAM.

Now, though I am finding it quite difficult too interface with the SDRAM as such, what I am really concerned is how I will eventually manage the memory. As many off you might know, when you code with C on some OS, if you define a variable, you don't take care where it is stored but the OS handles all the overhead involved in such an operation.

Now I have re-searched and found that there are some OS which can be employed on a MicroBlaze, namely uLinux and Xilkernel. Is it possible to actually configure these to handle such a task with external DDR SDRAM memory ICs. Are there any available header files. Has anybody tried this/ tutorials etc...

Thanks for your time guys, good day.

bouvett2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back