Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HI-TECH PIC-C Compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

samnang39

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to study Hi-tech pic c compiler but why this compiler is so expensive? is it good then another compiler?

you get free compilers too.

check these
Comparison of Hi-Tech PICC-18 and MPLAB C18
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

---------- Post added at 16:59 ---------- Previous post was at 16:56 ----------

**broken link removed**

comparison
**broken link removed**

HiTech has completely free Light version for PIC16F84 - you can use it without any limitations. The price is not that expensive if you're professional - in fact you pay it out by doing a single project.

I use SourceBoost compiler which is as good as Hitech and more affordable.

but it is expensive then another compiler i think

If your projects are not commercial then the standard License is enough which is quite affordable.
And if you are not into very complex projects, you will not reach the limitation listed.

And most important is that it does a very good job for its price.

Ok could you tell me why you said that this compiler good then another :smile: i really want to know what important of it

I used to program in ASM in the past but as my projects got more complicated I tought its time to try a C compiler.
Used Hitech compiler (free) for a while but did not like it very much so started looking for a better compiler.
Then came across Sourceboost and after reading some reviews I decided to give it a try. I bought the standard license (which is quite affordable) and haven't looked at ASM or Hitech again.
Been doing small to medium projects without problems.
Thats all I can say.

Ok me too i use ASM in MPLAB in the past but now i want to use c compiler. So i try to use Hi-tech
that why i want to know about it clearly:smile:

If you compare how compact is the code generated from HiTech and other compilers you'll find out that HiTech code has smallest size and could be executed faster. Of course other compilers could offer some useful libraries or wizards but as C compiler HiTech is considered as the best compiler for PIC (as IAR for Atmel processors). Notice that HiTech company was acquired from Microchip, so when you talk about HiTech you should think about Microchip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back