Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hi i am using cd4053b as switch between Tx and Rx

Status
Not open for further replies.

24+

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i am using cd4053b as switch between Tx and Rx, but its not working... is any pull up resistor is required... any one help

thanks

i am not clear with what u are saying.... is ur using single sensor to tX and Rx

yes.. i am using single sensor to TX and RX, but i have to switch my circuit such a way that, Tx should ON and RX should OFF, and vice versa. for this switching action i am using cd4053b, but its not working, thats why is any pull up resistor is required to connect between supply and terminal or else where...

Why don't you draw a simple schematic so others can see what you have done, and maybe offer some help.

ctownsend said:
Why don't you draw a simple schematic so others can see what you have done, and maybe offer some help.

check this schematic...

hi ctownsend, can u tell is any pull up resistors are required to work this switch for switching between TX and rx

Assuming you are switching unipolar (not below ground voltage) and at low speed it should work. The only pull-up or pull-down you might need is on any input that should not be allowed to float. Note that a 4053 channel is high impedance when switched off and this could cause a floating condition.

Brian.

betwixt said:
Assuming you are switching unipolar (not below ground voltage) and at low speed it should work. The only pull-up or pull-down you might need is on any input that should not be allowed to float. Note that a 4053 channel is high impedance when switched off and this could cause a floating condition.

Brian.

is any solution for avoiding this floating condition.

Just use a high value resistor from any connection that might be 'switched off' by the 4053. Without more information on your TX and RX devices it's difficult to be specific but 47KΩ to ground or supply should be sufficient to tie the connection one way or the other.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back