Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS9.2-Import problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ablendos

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss technology file

hi everyody:
Do someone ever have this problem when it import dxf file form autocad into HFSS9.2. The message show below,

'' [error] Import Native Bodies: Translation of "D:/fractal/carpet.dwg" failed. ''

Please help me to solve this problem.
Thanks.

Best Regards

ablendos.

hfss gds import

Hi,

Try to export GDS2 files.

HFSS can automatically convert it into a 3D model using a technology file.

See sample technology file below:

// Sample technology file
// --------------------------------------------------------------
// L# Label Color Elevation Thickness
0 cond2 red -1000 1000
1 diel1 red 0 1100
2 cond1 red 1100 1000

Regards,
Itai

hfss tech file

ablendos said:
hi everyody:

'' [error] Import Native Bodies: Translation of "D:/fractal/carpet.dwg" failed. ''

It seems to me that the usual mistake when working with AutoCad just happened to you, you are trying to import DWG not DXF (read carefully the error message). Try exporting DXF from AutoCad and importing it to HFSS.

flyhigh

import .dxf to hfss

Try changing the version of DXF file saved in Acad. I have to save dxf files as version 6 in Solid Works.

H3O

dxf to .sm2

Hi,

I´m a new HFSS user and I´m trying to import a layout from Momentum to HFSS v9. Does anyone know how to do it?

I´ve tried to import gds files too, and I get the two-dimensions layout in HFSS, but I don´t know how to import the technology file. Can you help me, please????

Thank you in advances

regards

amaya

hfss import file

Anyone can provide standard format of technology file?

import hfss

I got one input from one smart guy that we could import it as 2D, then sweep.

merge lines hfss

Hi!

if you have a DXF format and still have probelms do send it to me , I will import in HFSS and send you the HFSS project file.

Thanks,
Hari Krishna
Bangalore,India

hfss import problem

i have faced similair problems during the import of DXF and GDS files. although they got imported into hfss, it was not simulating properly. so i jotted down the coordinates and constructed it in VBscript. it ran perfectly. this was my experience. i hope it was useful.

hfss gds2 import

Ya , I think it is much easier and generic to build a matlab code with functions to generate vb scripts.

CST has good user interface to write scripts over there whereas in HFSS , we have to write using textpad which is difficult to edit and debug.

hfss gds2 type import

itaifrenkel said:
Hi,

Try to export GDS2 files.

HFSS can automatically convert it into a 3D model using a technology file.

See sample technology file below:

// Sample technology file
// L# Label Color Elevation Thickness
0 cond2 red -1000 1000
1 diel1 red 0 1100
2 cond1 red 1100 1000

Regards,
Itai

Hi, I tried to use this format form my importation but it seems not working. Can you give me a tutorial or a guide to create this file .tech by myself?

Thank you

hfss gds import technology file

HI

You can type "pedit" in CAD to merge the lines to one closed line, and import HFSS. Or you can transforne .dxf to .sm2 in HFSS8, but it is comflex.

Regards!

Edmund

hfss import

Hi everybody.
I'm a beginner in hfss.
I need to import dxf files into hfss. However when I import them, 3D drawings are shown as 2D sheets. What can I do for this problem?

ansoft hfss import dxf

edata said:
Hi everybody.
I'm a beginner in hfss.
I need to import dxf files into hfss. However when I import them, 3D drawings are shown as 2D sheets. What can I do for this problem?

i have same problem ,,, plaese help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back