Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS simulation of metamaterial patch antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

angeldemon

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am new to HFSS simulation.I am simulating a CSRR on ground plane of patch. I have already extracted parameters of unit metamaterial cell using master -slave boundary and floquet ports.I dont know how to apply boundary conditions to the patch antenna integrated with the CSRR.should i use periodic boundary conditions for the patch antenna?.Kindly help.

Welcome angeldemon,

should i use periodic boundary conditions for the patch antenna?

Not unless you're simulating an array of patch antennas. You can find a tutorial for a basic patch antenna over at EMTalk. You'll need to modify it by a) inserting your CSRR into the ground plane, and b) by extending the vacuum box downwards such that the bottom side of the antenna is simulated as well.

Good Luck

Thanks for replying. As you said i have extended the vacuum box on both sides.Now should i assign all the faces of air box as radiating boundaries.? That means i should not assign perfect E and perfect H to opposite faces.
I have used lumped port for patch as i am using inset feed.

Hello planar metamaterials.I am still stuck with the boundary conditions problem of the patch with csrr in ground plane.I assigned all the six air box faces as radiation boundaries as you suggested,but not getting the desired results of the paper.Am I doing something wrong ?
I am getting only i resonant frequency ,instead of two.Please kindly help.!!!

Hello Planar metamaterials,i got the problem.I am unable to make a triangular CSRR in ground plane.I start with a square,cut off the the two side triangles,repeat the same thing for the smaller square inside,and subtract the bigger triangle from the smaller.This way i get a CSRR but which is of different width at the sides and the base.
Can u tell me what is the right way to draw the triangular equilateral CSRR?.
https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/5252098300_1466129295.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back