Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS simulation of EBG/PBG

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayleung

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ebg pbg

Hi, everyone. Has somebody used HFSS to simulate the EBG/PBG structure before?

In fact I followed the Ansoft poster to get the reflection coefficient phase, but I am still not sure the reference (PEC) phase setting. In the planewave-incident case, is the zero phase point at origin?

and why the PEC reference phase should be:
Φ_phase=180-d/λ*360?

Why the final phase is:
Φ_EBG-Φ_phase+180

Thanks in advance.

hfss simulation

To extract the exact phase information at the measurement point, you should know three phase information; free-space, pec backed, pbg backed. If you could access Sivenpiper's doctoral thesis, it could be easier to understand. Refer from 45 through 46 page.

ebg pbg

Hi, minstrels. I don't have the Sivenpiper's doctoral thesis, would you please send me a copy of that to my email: jliang6@uic.edu. Thanks.

I'm trying to get the source too, Hope you can help me

Hi,

In the plane wave-incident case, zero phase point is at origin so it is better for you to define your model such that the surface of your EBG lies at origin.

d is the distance of your evaluation surface (where you make integration of phase) from the surface of EBG. To find the final phase you should add your phase with +d/λ*360 , because your scattered wave has passed d distance and its phase is shifted by -d/λ*360 ,So you add this value again to cancel the phase shift. Because you are interested in the phase exactly at the surface of the EBG.

Good Luck,
Leila

Hi,

I have a question about a equation of EBG reflection phase in HFSS.
Where is the derivation of this equation?

thanks!

ruey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back