Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS simulation data results lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

trichop

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HFSS data results lost

It has happened to me twice, once with version 10 and now with 11.
I have a bunch of designs (in the same file) and each one of them has some simulation results. Suddenly, when I open the file, I notice that all the results are gone. Plots are blank. However, the designs are there, in tact.
As I mentioned, this has happened twice without having HFSS crashed before or having a locked file present.

Did anyone face anything similar before?
Can anyone suggest something?
Thanks

Did you have multiple designs within a project open, you were looking at one, then single-clicked another, and changed something? Has happened to me before. You have to double click on a design to change over to that. Single clicking will erase the results when you make a change. This most commonly happened with me when I copy/pasted a design to do another one with some change and then didn't double click to the pasted design.

I don't know if this is your case:

Version 11.2.1 Bug Fixes
========================
ANSft00090427 - In rare cases, aborting a simulation could cause files to be deleted unexpectedly from a hard drive. This problem has been corrected in the
patch release.

It's nothing that has to do with the above guys.
What I have found out is that most probably this problem occurs when I work on a network hard disc.
A hard drive that is mapped to my computer.
Although there is still no reasonable explanation for that, the problem stops occurring when I work on the local disc (C/:).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back