Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS simulation about spiral antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

fan1200

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help me

I am using HFSS to simulate a archimedean spiral antenna.

But I am not sure how to feed the structure.
I tried it with a lumped Port between the two spiral arms.

It would be great if somebody could take a look.

Thank you very much

I think your project is fairly okay. I've modified it a little (reduced the airbox, was too littlebit large). The results look ok to me. Impedance is real and roughly 150 Ohm.

Thank you very much.

When I simulate the spiral antenna,I saw two types of the port. one type is what I do ,the other type is like

The both types are all right ?And whitch one is better?

thank you

Added after 5 hours 31 minutes:

The other type of the feed structure is like spiral_10_14_ghz_beta_90_derece_a_1nokta3_voidyok_olmadi_daha.rar
in .

Is the port from spiral_10_14_ghz_beta_90_derece_a_1nokta3_voidyok_olmadi_daha.rar really lumped? Sounds strange to me, because normally one would use waveport and deembed the transmission line made of two cylinders. I think your lumped port gives good result.

Could some one please help me. I am currently trying to stimulate an archimedean spiral antenna using HFSS v10 for an undergraduate project. I have two versions, the first is with the antenna in an airbox structure and the second is with the antenna on a substrate and a infifnte ground incased in an airbox. I am having difficulties executing my antenna. If any one could look at this and offer suggestions, it would be appreciated. Thank you.

I am unable to attach the files to this reply, but if you emailed me I could send the files to you.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back