Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS - scripting with batchsolve

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcy

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss scripting

Hi,

I would like to use HFSS with a scripting language like python. What I want to do is to have some type of optimizer, such as a GA or one designed for the specific problem, written in the scripting language. The script would 1) call HFSS in the batchsolve mode, 2) look at the output from HFSS, 3) update parameters in the *.hfss file, and 4) repeat until done. Most of the steps are simple. However, usually the data I want to analyze from HFSS is either a radiation pattern, scattering parameters, or the field in some region of the problem which I usually have to export manually to a file.

My question is: if I am running HFSS using batchsolve, is there a way to make HFSS automatically write the radiation pattern, fields, S-parameters, etc. to a file at the end of the simulation?

Thanks,
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back