Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS S PARAMETERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

John124

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. I’m new to RF engineering. I'm trying to plot S-parameters in HFSS for a dielectric resonator excited by a probe (shown in image). I know that the top cylinder has a higher dielectric than the bottom cylinder. I also know that the cavity is a metal. The structure is from chapter 11 of "Microwave Filters for Communication Systems: Fundamentals, Design, and Applications" book (https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/book/8341843). Now my questions are:

• Do I provide waveport excitation to outer part of the probe?
  • Since the cavity is a metal is that my ground or do I need to have a ground beneath the substrate?
  • I know that inside the cavity should be air. How do I make that happen in HFSS?
  • I need to basically cut a hole in the cavity structure to place the probe in right?
  • What is the difference between waveport and lumped port excitation?
  • What is the difference between modal and terminal solution types?

Help in any of the questions will be greatly appreciated.

1616778573359.png

Status
Not open for further replies.