Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IP_2 (transistor parameters, amplifier configuration)

Dummyeng

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
as you know when we want to increase Ip for amplifier we should use parallel arch

but is there any formula for calculating?

i have a transistor which i have only S_parameter and its Ip
can i calculate how much increase Ip?

and ive seen in most cases ip2 is greater than ip3 can i say when i choose an amp with good ip3 it has good ip2?

Last edited:
You can't calculate IPn without Nonlinear Model.S-Parameters carry NO information about Nonlinearity.
Essentially, you cannot calculate ANY kind of Nonlinearity of an Active Device since you don't know the Degree of Nonlinearity , you can just simulate with a given Nonlinear Model in a serious simulator.
Either you will implement this circuit and measure OR you will extract Nonlinearity of this active device. It's almost impossible to extract these coefficients because it needs highly qualified engineering experience.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back