Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Problem with lot of dependet variables

Status
Not open for further replies.

goxy

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have problem in 9.0 ver, I don't know does problem persist in some other versions.

In posted example I'm made 18 dependet variables in function of the first(l1). When I try to change l1 and then click OK to apply this, HFSS calculate very long time and proces need to be killed. Problem is noticable from 14 variables and more.

Who is interested and want to try in some other version problem looks like this(no need any structures only defining variables and try to change all with changing l1):

k=1.1
l1=30
l2=k*l1
l3=k*l2
l4=k*l3
l5=k*l4
l6=k*l5
l7=k*l6
l8=k*l7
l9=k*l8
l10=k*l9
l11=k*l10
l12=k*l11
l13=k*l12
l14=k*l13
l15=k*l14
l16=k*l15
l17=k*l16
l18=k*l17

I have tried with HFSS9.0. It's problem to change the value of variables. Maybe your HFSS program files are damaged.

seqc1712 said:
I have tried with HFSS9.0. It's problem to change the value of variables. Maybe your HFSS program files are damaged.

HFSS9.0 is installed again and problem persist :oops:

Do you have the same problem when you try to change value of l1 variable in posted example?

Hi
I did not agree on everything appeal for software,the EM does not seem other subjects .To solve a complex optimum problem,we cannot set a lots of parameters in cost function,the multi-variables optimization is difficult ,and it is very difficult in EM .
So I think we must hold up more knowledge on EM,it is more useful than software optimization.

Regards !

Sorry, I made a mistake. It works, when i change the value of variables in your HFSS file.

Could anyone else try confirming it?!

@caocao

It's a not complex problem for optimisation beasuse all variables are dependet in function from just two(k and l1). It's a geometrics progression distribution and very often used in antennas-log periodics antenna.

@seqc1712

It seems problem is in my HFSS, it's build May 29 2003. Soon I'll install v9.1 and try again.

seqc1712 said:
Sorry, I made a mistake. It works, when i change the value of variables in your HFSS file.

Could anyone else try confirming it?!

I confirm. However, I always have problems when I work with variables in HFSS 9.0: I need to try several times (3 to 10 times) before the software accepts the expressions. Perhaps you should try too... But you'll have to be calm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back