Status
Not open for further replies.

srijan.rio

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a brand new to EM simulation. I have started using HFSS13 for a college project and I need to design a differential microstrip antenna. When I tried to run the simulation, I am getting the error "Port refinement, process hf3d error: Terminal T1 on port p1 contains a non-conducting edge. The terminal may need to be assigned manually" even though the edges of terminal T1 has been made a conductor.

I have gone through other threads in here with this error but couldn't get a definite solution. Can anyone kindly suggest what may be causing this Problem. I have attached the hfss file.

Thanks

Attachments

• Verify.rar
    37.9 KB · Views: 285

Are you sure? It looks like terminal 1 is just the outline of the face of trace 1, which is FR4 epoxy, not a conductor. I'm more familiar with driven modal than driven terminal solutions, but I don't think it likes assigning a terminal on the epoxy.

@kthackst

Thank you for your response. As you pointed out correctly, using FR4 Epoxy as material of the traces was wrong. So I changed it to copper, and by that the ports were automatically detecting the available terminals. But now a new error is popping up : Port refinement, process hf3d error: Too few conductors were found on port p1. There should be one conductor for each terminal, with one additional reference conductor. Unintentional contact between conductors may cause this error. . (file attached)

I researched some more and found out that the error may be occurring if the line of integration doesn't touch both the conductors. Can you please suggest a solution for this ? (driven modal or driven terminal anyone).

Attachments

• Verify.rar
    38.1 KB · Views: 226

Its solved now. The second error was coming due to non assignment of reference conductors for the terminals to the port. In the design, the Ground_Plane_B and the Bottom_Patch should be used as reference conductors for the terminals of the traces T1 and T2.

Thank you @kthackst for your help.

Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…