Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS polarization problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayem9

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss polarization

hi
i am using HfSS and i like this softrware as well.

I am able to find return loss. but i dont know how to find copolarization and crossporalization for E-plane and H-plane at HFSS. eventualy, i also dont know the steps i should go through.? can any one help me to solve my problem.

the attachment is the example of co-polarization and cross polarization. i have downloand it from one paper to let you know my problem properly.

in this paper , they got polarization but i m unable to do .

can anyone help in this matter
thanx
A Yem

I dont see any attachment ... what actually problem is and how you solve your prob?

hi ayem,

Co-polarization is the radiation in your desired direction whereas cross-polarization is the radiated power in undesired direction. In order to get co and cross polzarization through HFSS first you have to be sure about the Co and cross polarization planes w.r.t your antenna geometry. The firgure you have attached here is not self-explanatory unless you post the antenna geometry figure along it aswell. Only then Co and cross polariztion for both E and H planes could be extracted using HFSS by giving proper values of Theta and Phi in HFSS.
/SC

Status
Not open for further replies.