Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS, Ferromagnetic material simulation error, tips/tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

djexplo

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
magnetic material simulation hfss

My structure is a coplanar wave-guide, which contains a ferromagnetic layer(Fe).
The wave-guide can only be simulated successfully when the magnetic material parameters are disabled (zero). When I enable the magnetic material parameters, the process will die unexpectedly during Permutation vector calculation. :?
Refining the mesh of the ferromagnetic layer didn't help.

Does anybody know what the problem could be, or know some tips/tricks about how to simulate magnetic material in HFSS?

magnetic bias hfss

hiiiiiiiiii there,
I did a couple of strcutures involving ferromagnetic material (Fe), but I'm not able to get hold of your problem, it would be better if you can elaborate on your problem, what do you mean by disabling magnetic properties?

magnetic saturation hfss

Disabling magnetic properties is making the magnetic saturation and delta H of for example iron zero, than the ferrite material is simulated as a normal non-magnetic material. It is almost the same as in HFFS Options, disabling the option "Include ferrite materials"

hfss assign magnetic bias

Hiiiiiiiiii,
When you assign any ferrite material in HFSS every material should have magnetic bias, without which there is an error even before the simulation starts, but one thing what you can do is assign a very low magnetic bias say about 10 A/m, which is nominal and low.

hffs to simulation magnetic

Thnx mirriyaz for all help :) ,

A low magnetic bias is unfortunately no option, because the simulation is needed to predict ferromagnetic resonance and so high fields are needed.
I found a solution to the problem my self, when solve inside is enabled for magnetic materials the compiler will simulate successfully, but unfortunately metals requires a large mesh when solved inside, thus simulation takes hours :( .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back