Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Eigenmode simulation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhul3

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI

I am trying to simulate the eigenmode of a cylinder cavity, but everytime I hit the running, the process bar just gets stuck while doing "Lambda refinement" and never go forward.

I attached the model (HFSS-V12) here, can somebody tell me how to solve this issue?

THanks.

Attachments

• Project1.7z
    29.1 KB · Views: 64

It sounds like you either have 1) a very electrically large problem at the minimum frequency, 2) Have a very high permittivity, or 3) both. Also, check the units of your minimum frequency and the units in your drawing that everything is correct.

have fun :)

Last edited:
Reactions: zhul3

zhul3

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You are right, units problem.

Appreciate!!

Hi Everyone
I am new to HFSS and using HFSS v12 to simulate a UWB monopole rugby antenna as a part of my project.
I designed the antenna using CAD and imported the IGES file to setup the antenna for EIGENMODE analysis
but I am also experiencing problem of similar kind,wherein the simulation is stuck on lambda refinement.
I tried a few things but it did not work out. I even tried drawing the antenna in HFSS but still the simulation
hanged up to that place and would not move on.I read the above posts saying that it is somewhat a case of units
or a case of electrically large problem. but my antenna dimensions including ground plane and reflector do not exceed 150 mm in any direction and
i am trying to get the 10 Eigenmodes above 3 Ghz. Can somebody help me regarding the modifications that can be done on order
to get my results.
Any help will be appreciated

REGARDS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back