Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with yagi simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tv60s

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
yagi simulator

Hi everyone,

Im currently working with a 6-elemet yagi antenna.I designed the antenna based on the Balanis antenna theory book.If im not mistaken, a 6-element yagi antenna should produce a gain of around 10dB, but when i tried to simulate the design using HFSS, I got very small gain. Im also not sure about the match system and balun.For the time being, i just connected the driven elements to coax cables and i assigned a lump port at the gap between the coax cables. Could someone help me?Id really appreciate it.Thanks

yagi antenna frequency scaling

tv60s,
I spend a lot of times designing Yagis. I have tow suggestions to make
1)To get better gain you must improve the coupling between the active element and the first diector by bringing the first director closer to the active element. In this process you may have to reduce the director length.
2) to get the director lengths and reflector length correct. This may sounds absurb but you may have your director lengths too long perhaps to get such a low gain? If this is the case you should experiment with shortening all director length and simulate again.
Good luck
Wyn

Added after 2 minutes:

tv60s,
On the last count I do not have enough points to download your simulation. So if you could kindly donate some points to me, I will have a look at what you have done.
Wyn

yagi simulation

tv60s,
The following six element yagi will give you an idea of the gain of 7.6dB, good VSWR and good radiation pattern. It is of a rather conventional design with equal spacings and equal element lengths.
You can scale from the data and simulate using HFSS.
Good luck
Wyn

Added after 3 minutes:

tv60s,
I forgot to upload the six element yagi data.
Here they are!
Good simulating at your own frequency by scaling.
Wyn

Simulate in Yagicad...or NEC>..Balanis is gud but Stutzman is better for Yagi thing..He has actaully solved real life problem...and yes solve your problem analytically also..have u tried it...dose it match...?

hi,

U can try https://k7mem.com/

Its an Yagi antenna on line Simulator and in addition to this there are some more details about Filters and Attenuators.

PLZ CAN U TELL ME THE STEPS HOW DID U DESIGN THIS YAGI ANTENNA

dear friends could u plz help me to know the steps or way to design the same one of yagi antenna

This is the basic antenna,u can find its design from lot of books.
Attached doc is the design of Yagi-Uda antenna from Antenna theory and design_Stutzman.
Hope this can help u.

Status
Not open for further replies.