Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with interfacing Hyperterminal and Nokia 3310

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyb3rfreak

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
nokia hyperterminal

hi, i've read some of the threads about interfacing pc with gsm. some of it was useful but when i tried it the phone it doesn't response (i.e. "OK") when i try to type and send AT commands in the hyperterminal window. and i also have some issues with the hyperterminal, coz i created a new connection on hyperterminal on my laptop (COM3) where i can type text in the hyperterminal window, but for some reason when i try it on the desktop pc having COM1 as the 'connect using' menu i cannot type or enter any characters in the hyperterminal window. that is just the least of my problem. the main problem is that the communication between the pc and nokia 3310.

this is my configuration on my hyperterminal:
bps: 9600
data bits: 8
partiy bits: none
stop bits: 1
flow control: none
COM1

schematic:
nd7cci.jpg

NOTE: i connect pin 11 and 12 to a serial cable to connect it to the pc and pin 14 and 13 to the nokia 3310 data cable.

i follow this steps:
gsm.jpg

my goal in this it to interface PIC877 to nokia 3310,i just want to check it first on the hyperterminal before connecting it to microcontroller. i did try connecting the 877 to the pc and didnt encounter any problems. only in the pc-to-nokia connection.

any help or tips from the experts is very appreciated. thanks...

ps:
hopefully someone will reply to this query asap coz my defense is coming next week and i still having problem with this.

thnx

i above dia the procedure is written is for which one cell fone?If it not for 3310.
kindly tell me plz

Status
Not open for further replies.