Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with a circuit.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnkaz77

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,i have this circuit which sources or sinks current and i should control Vin- and Vin+ with a pot with its 2 edges connected to a negative and a possitive power supply respectivelly.First of all i would like someone to explain how this circuit works because i don't really understand and second,can i supply the voltages Vin only from one potentiometer as i was told?If the two inputs of the op amp are the same how can it work?Is there something else i have to do and i don't get it? circuit.png

Did you try to simulate the circuit in any circuit simulator (like Pspice). First, I would try to simulate, give some arbitrary voltages at Vin+ and Vin- and measure the output and see how the output is affected by the change in input voltage.

it appears that the circuit "in my opinion" act as an instrumentation differential amplifier, with the lower OP-AMP mounted as a buffer in the feedback loop to monitor the load.

for the POTS, if the idea is to simulate a differential input as to measure the CMRR then it would be ideal if this is a dual one where the +VCC and -VEE are connected so that when you increase the voltage on the (+) side it will increase in the (-) by the same amount.. I guess..

Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back