Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help wanted - PSpice simulation from Allegro HDL schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenixosu

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to simulate a schematic in Allegro design entry HDL 16.3 using the built in PSpice, drop down menu called "AMS Simulator".

My schematic is just a dummy with only 2 resistors, a GND node, and a floating node (no symbols for a voltage source yet I know we have a long way to go but I just want to get the tools working).

Here is the netlist that is created, obviously the subcircuits for the two resistors are undefined!

***** Pspice Netlist (Cadence Design Systems Inc.)
***** Design : pspice_test
***** Date : AUG 16' 2011 Time : 11:57:36

X_R2 0 vcc_bar resistors
X_R1 0 vcc_bar resistors

*** Subcircuit definition for empty blocks.

.subckt resistors a_OP_0_CP_ b_OP_0_CP_
.ends

Here is what I see when I draw up the same in LTSpice, this is for my reference to see where I need to get to

* C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXXXX\Desktop\spicetest\Draft22.asc
XX1 0 vdd res_30k1
XX2 0 vdd res_30k1

* block symbol definitions
.subckt res_30k1 1 2
R1 2 1 30.1k
.ends res_30k1

.backanno
.end

In my resistor symbols I have the following attributes/values
VALUE 30.1K
PACKAGE_SIZE << NULL >>
DIE_REV << NULL >>
PACK_TYPE 0402
LOCATION R2
$SPICE_LOCATION R2
SIZE 1
VLOG_PARAM1 size integer
TOLERANCE 1%
PART_NUMBER XXX-XXXXXX
PATH i3
$SPICE_VALUE 30.1k

The object is written out like this
Object: Symbol <XXX_XXXXXXXX>RESISTORS

I assume that I need to somehow define what the subcircuit contents are by somehow supplying models and/or assigning things to the instances. I'm still somewhat new to Allegro and need some direction on where to go from here to get to a complete netlist.

P.S. I have put XXXXXs in where certain names/numbers are that I probably shouldn't post online.

Which library you are using in your project? YOu should use analog library and place part from those. You should not face this problem after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back