Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help uregently..mixers.. need it fast indead..50Points award

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostafamuslim

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to make a mixer at 80-100MHz discrete components...

i tried the IC MC1496 , two discrete transistors mixer ,TA7358 (FM Front end) but all did not work :(

can any one help me
I want also to know, can the MC1496 work at 100MHz or not? some one i know worked with it but with low frequencies.. i want to make the PCB TODAY for the mixer and be working!! I will deliver it tomorrow in my graduation project...

The one will give me working schemtic with available components will take 50 points as a reward (Forgive me, as i don't have too many points to give :()

I mean with available components:
BJTs (no dual gate MOSFET), MC1496 IC

Regardless of the points award, Please help me out....
Don't ignore my post, any comment or help will be appreciated

Many thanks in advance,

Re: help uregently..mixers.. need it fast indead..50Points a

Did you try to make a gilbert cell mixer with discrete transistors ( same schematic as that of MC 1496 )?

Dear,

Check this appnote. it has several circuits for different applications.
Full SCH & Analysis available in this appnote.

GoodLuck.

Hello,
Memarian's suggestion of the MC1496 was a good one. If you can wait until tomorrow morning, Digi-Key will ship them to you overnite. Cost of the part is only $0.98 each, but the shipping..... Here's their site if this option works for you:
https://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?Ref=159250&Row=498246&Site=US

If you have some toroids, (never around when you seem to need them) you can use the diode-ring mixer like in the ARRL Handbook. Hope this helps and good luck to you on your project.

SD

MC1496 is not working very well as a mixer at 100MHz.

Here is a simple aditive mixer schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back