Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help required reg Ethernet MAC on FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

renupriya

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all...

I'm very new to working with altera and quartus.I'm working with NiOS II development board(Cyclone III EP3C25). I have to create a design which has a NiOS processor, SRAM, Ethernet MAC and Ethernet Management Interface and other components.But the MAC and MI are custom components and not altera's IPs.
I need to know how to instantiate these components in SOPC builder and I'm not aware of the settings to be done. The thing I did is I copied my custom component folders into C:\altera\81\ip\altera and included the class.ptf files of components in alteracomponents.ipx file. Is this method correct to creat a component?

Thanks & regards
Priya

Hi,

it is good if you contact FIELD APPLICATION ENGINEER of altera. you get in minutes of solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.