Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help regarding substrate and mos parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

prowler86

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
calculate mobility in bsim3

hello. i'm a new member of this forum and in desperate need for help.

i have just started using a tsmc rf 90nm process and i'm trying to find the parameters of each layer in order to create an hfss model for a transmission line.

The problem is that i can't find the bulk conductivity of the substrate, which i was told that is p-dopped-silicon. Does anyone know a typical value for this conductivity?

Also, i can't find any values for the product μn*Cox for any of the transistors in the manuals and was told to use the BSIM4 Model in order to compute it. Could someone please explain how i actually use this model, because all i have found and downloaded are a few C code files from Berkeley? Do i have to use a simulator and load this model to it? If so, which one do you suggest(freeware if possible)?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I guess most CMOS processes come with an ADS kit. If you can get hold of the ADS kit for this process, it should have the *.lay and *.slm files, which contain the properties of the various layers of the process. You can look at the substrate conductivity in these files.

You can calculate mobility using bsim3 or bsim4 parameters. also Cox is Eox(E=epsilon) divided with Tox (oxide thickness). You can grab a textbook using BSIM models to calculate those parameters.

You can use winspice for spice simulations. I suggest v1.05.07 for simulations with bsim3. v1.06 is blocking bsim3 level49 parameters after 30 day shareware period. But 1.06 is better for convergence issues in my experience. But I have no idea using bsim4 with this spice edition.

Regards

spminn said:
I guess most CMOS processes come with an ADS kit. If you can get hold of the ADS kit for this process, it should have the *.lay and *.slm files, which contain the properties of the various layers of the process. You can look at the substrate conductivity in these files.

first of all, thanks for answering. the problem is that our lab was only provided with the cadence kit, and i can't find this info anyware... could you please tell me where i can find the same info in the cadence kit?

Open rf018.scs in your library folder, there you will find bsim parameters or just run an operating point analysis in cadence and print device parameters to results window, there you can also find related MOSFET parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back