Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help regarding MOSFET gate Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

mashal8050

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all !
I am designing a buck converter. Circuit diagram is as below:
Untitled.png
in this circuit single control signal is given at gates of both N-channel MOSFET and P-channel MOSFET.
I need to know whether I can use ir2101 for driving the gate of these MOSFETS . I don't know much about ir2101 usage etc.
so should I use this gate driver IC or should I go for something else
Regards
:-(

The answer depends on a lot of things:
1. Are you planning to use only one of the ir2101 outputs (HI or LO). You can do this but your efficiency will be impacted
2. How fast do you intend to clock the converter? Just make sure the delay of the gate driver is short enough for you
3. It looks like you will need a separate duty cycle controller. Something you want to consider since some parts already have this integrated

Hope this helps

May use IR2101 but must remove connection between gates of MOS and link HO output to Q1 gate and LO output to Q2 gate; for Q1 must add bootstrap capacitor (see IR2101 datasheet).

Status
Not open for further replies.