Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] HELP on understanding .tcl file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthiga05

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone. I need to understand these following 3 lines from my .tcl file. Can someone please explain the bold codes to me? Thanks in advance!

Code:
[B]read_netlist /MicroE/microe01/units/AUDIO/HVT/final_hvt.v  -top ml_classifier_chip
read_sdc /MicroE/microe01/units/AUDIO/HVT/final_hvt.sdc

read_vcd -vcd_module top_inst -module ml_classifier_chip /MicroE/microe01/units/AUDIO/HVT/compute.vcd [/B]

# read_vcd -activity_profile -time_window 10000 -simvision -vcd_module top_inst -module ml_classifier_chip /MicroE/microe01/units/AUDIO/HVT/compute.vcd 

# read_vcd -vcd_module ml_classifier_chip -module ml_classifier_chip -start_time 0 -end_time 141606000 /nypdata04/digital/digit_02/projects/Audio/RC/init.vcd

[B]report power > $resultsDir/final_power_hvt.rpt
report gates > $resultsDir/final_gates_hvt.rpt[/B]

I think that script contains mistakes.
I think that read_netlist is user procedure containing command read_verilog -netlist ... Reads in one or more design or library files in Verilog format
(see manual dc_shell> man read_verilog)
read_sdc Reads in a script in Synopsys Design Constraints (SDC) format.
report is user procedure with parameter containing commands report_power, report_hierarchy etc

for read_sdc. it says 'RTL compiler creates a cost group for each clock defined in the file.' What does cost group mean?

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

I think that script contains mistakes.
I think that read_netlist is user procedure containing command read_verilog -netlist ... Reads in one or more design or library files in Verilog format
(see manual dc_shell> man read_verilog)
read_sdc Reads in a script in Synopsys Design Constraints (SDC) format.
report is user procedure with parameter containing commands report_power, report_hierarchy etc

for read_sdc. it says 'RTL compiler creates a cost group for each clock defined in the file.' What does cost group mean?

in simple terms, you can view cost group as a bucket of all timing paths that meet certain criteria...at the very minimum, a ckt will have flop-flop paths clocked by clk, input 2 output paths, input to clock, clock to output paths...so each of these will be a assigned a name and timing optimization engine will try to meet timing for each of these buckets or cost groups...you can also define your set of paths and assign a name and ask the timing optimization engine to optimize them...

the best way to know the commands is to type man <command name> in your case read_verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back