Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help on umts and lte

Status
Not open for further replies.

charity eve

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello every one

i need help on how to simulate data rate performance in umts to lte
as well as the recommended software.
Thank u
pliz i need your help

Hi,
Do you mean the performance verification of LTE compared to UMTS? This is huge. There is a chapter in a book that addresses LTE performance verification with different traffic models. There is also a sub chapter for "System simulations scenarios and parameters". The book is "LTE for 4G Mobile Broadband" by Farook Khan. In terms of simulation, you may want to check ns-3 network simulator website. They do support LTE.

hi,
thanks very much!
pliz if u have some examples of labs on ns-3 simulator done in lte and umts pliz can u send them to this email "asiimweeve@yahoo.com"
otherwise i looked at the subchapter in the book and it could be helpful.

thank u

Check the following books for LTE performance. These are available on the Internet for free.

"Understanding LTE and its Performance" by Tara Ali-Yahiya

"LTE Signaling, troubleshooting, and Optimization" by Ralf Kreher and Karsten Gaenger
There is a chapter on performance (by Tektronix Communications)

Also, in terms of simulation using ns-3, check these links for the code in c++. If you are already familiar with ns-3, you can dive into the examples right a way, otherwise I suggest to go over some basic networking tutorial examples of ns-3.

https://code.nsnam.org/ns-3-dev/file/2ac68a0381ca/src/devices/lte/examples/lte-device.cc
https://code.nsnam.org/ns-3.11/file/tip/src/lte/examples/lte-phy-uplink.cc

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.