Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Help needed to pure sin wave Osliator @ 1KHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

nima_1981

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi My friends
i need pure sin wave that Fixed at 1khz But we have two limitation
1- i need 500 mA Current
2- i Can not use transistor for that current because in some of method that transistor going to hot .

power supply is 12Vdc
amplitude near 5 V

Thanks

The amplitude of a sinewave is usually measured in RMS but a 5V RMS signal is 14.14V peak-to-peak which might not be allowed in your assignment.
Therefore I assume the signal is 5V peak-to-peak which is 1.77V RMS.

Many little audio power amplifiers can be powered from 12V and produce an output of up to 9V p-p at 500mA.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The amplitude of a sinewave is usually measured in RMS but a 5V RMS signal is 14.14V peak-to-peak which might not be allowed in your assignment.

The factor A in A*sin(omega*t) is called the amplitude; this is the peak value measured from zero. The same term is used for cosine waves. If there is a DC offset present, the amplitude is measured from the centre of the sine curve (i.e., 0.1 is still the amplitude in 0.1*sin(t)+100) - that is also called the modulation amplitude.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi My friends
i need pure sin wave that Fixed at 1khz But we have two limitation
1- i need 500 mA Current
2- i Can not use transistor for that current because in some of method that transistor going to hot .

power supply is 12Vdc
amplitude near 5 V

Thanks

Your question suggests you have tried this and the device was too hot. So you want a 1KHz low distortion sine wave 5V p or pp and into maybe a 10 Ohm load for 0.5A p or pp? Is that right?

Options;
1) choose a heatsink or specify max power loss and load or efficiency
2) choose a class D complementary MOS switched output with PWM and LC LPF
3) specify Zout, , load regulation or source impedance
4) use a split supply and Class AB audio amp or single supply AC coupled.
5) many more options

Hi,

You say "pure" sine. Please define "pure" in value of distortion.
(Do you need very clean sine signal - for audio measurements, for example? Or is 20%THD pure enough?)

Amplitude "near" 5V means that the amplitude value is not critical?

Klaus

Thanks , and again thanks
I used audio amplifier and its good idea work good .
Nima

Status
Not open for further replies.