[SOLVED] Help needed on how to use Relay to switch appliances :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nithin kamath

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all, I am doing a mini project about 'Controlling Some appliances using Mobile Phone DTMF signals ' ... I have'nt started yet.... I am stuck in the concept of relays ... Because i am using it for the first time... Please help me in this concept...

How can i use a Relay to Switch a 220-230V appliance using a 6V input signal...??? Do i need to use any additional components along with a Relay???
If u show me a simple circuit it will be helpful....

Please Help... I have to start the project asap ....

First google "6volt relay" and if u dont understand some back, and next tell us how u connecting your phone to relay ?
check this out........**broken link removed**
good luck

Last edited:
ya i googled about this... but did not find what i needed... and even in the link u mentioned... everywhere they have used relays in circuit but did not explain how to use it.. why i am not trying on my own because there is the involvement of 220v AC in the circuit,, if something goes wrong my circuit will be burnt off.... Please can u explain with a simple circuit.. i have attached the remaining part of the circuit:: :smile:

Attachments

• dtmfdecoder_schematic111.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: dselec

dselec

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.