Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with a solar street lightening project

Status
Not open for further replies.

asimraufawan

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Daer All,

I m currently working on solar street lightening project, the street lights
will be based on led lights.

The problem is i m confused how i will decide that
1. how many leds i should integrate in one street light
2. how much area will it cover
3. what led lights will be preferable for solar (ill design the led PCB by my self)
4. what will be the single led power consumption.

Thanks.

Re: solar project

You have to decide 1 & 2 together. The wider you spread the light beam, the less irradiation per square metre you will get. Look at the ground area you need to illuminate then using trigonometry, work out the angle from which light has to be emitted. When you have that figure, you can choose suitable LEDs with a matching dispersion angle and divide the light needed by the amount emitted to see how many are needed.
3. LEDs are LEDs, there is no type which is more suitable than another. All you need to consider is the amount of light and if necessary, the spectral response. You will probably find 'warm white' is esthetically more acceptable than colder shades. The more efficient the LED is, the less current you need to drive it for a given light output so pick the highest efficiency you can within budget.
4. Depends on the LED type, some max out as low as 15mA, some are good to several Amps. The voltage will be fairly constant at around 3.5V to 3.75V so multiply this by the current to find the power consumption.

Brian.

solar project

HI,
Some vendors has E27 socket "LED-Bulbs" too: LED,12W.230V, www.creells.com,
€82!_**broken link removed**...175257-10W_OPTEK_OVTL09LGAWC
10W to 60W multi-chip LED ight, www.youtube.com/watch
www.LED-TECH.de-Xtreme-10W-High-Power-LED-Spot--E27,10W-€59-LT-1130_96_105
30w-50w-100w-LED-Flood-Light, www.madeinchina.com
Kindwins 58-150W solutions:
www.tradeeasy.com/supplier/575489/products/p1023199/led-street-light-led-street-lamp
I think, the best address is at this time: www.Cree.com, but www.tianyunsun.net.cn 45W [Street lamps are good too... And a good articel:
**broken link removed**
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back