jatanp

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DE C309

Hi,

I am looking for an ST Microelectronics component, called DE C309. It is present on an FPGA board, probably in the power protection unit.

If it is obselete, can somebody tell me a replacement for it.

-Jatan

Is that the marking on the component or PCB? Have you a picture?

Keith.

Some sort of diode I would guess. Can you show the device & PCB more closely including the two adjacent power ICs?

Keith

Yes.. it looks like some kind of diode. I am attaching a closer image of it, over here. The diode D9, that sits between the two LM1085 is the one.

Thanks!!

Is the connector near U10 a power supply connector (the one with the round hole in the bracket)?
If Yes, I think it is only a diode used to protect your board from a reverse voltage.
You can check if the inner contact of this connector is connected to one of the 2 pins of the diode. Please check also if the other contact is connected to INPUT pin of at least one of the 2 voltage regulators (U2 / U10) [LM1085].
If my suppositions are correct, I think you can substitute your diode with any schottky with a 2A rating. Please choose the diode voltage accordingly to voltage of your power supply.

[some minutes later]
I checked the documents posted by Betwixt: J2 is a power input connector (5V)
see http://www.pender.ch/docs/GR-PCI-XC2V_user_manual.pdf at page 9.
The summentioned diode is surely for reverse polarity protection.

Hey Guys,

I got a reply from the ST support, which says that that based on the part marking, this is #SM6T6V8A.

Thanks a lot to all of you for helping me.

-Jatan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…