Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me to find ST Microelectronics component - DE C309

Status
Not open for further replies.

jatanp

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DE C309

Hi,

I am looking for an ST Microelectronics component, called DE C309. It is present on an FPGA board, probably in the power protection unit.

If it is obselete, can somebody tell me a replacement for it.

-Jatan

Is that the marking on the component or PCB? Have you a picture?

Keith.

Some sort of diode I would guess. Can you show the device & PCB more closely including the two adjacent power ICs?

Keith

Yes.. it looks like some kind of diode. I am attaching a closer image of it, over here. The diode D9, that sits between the two LM1085 is the one.

Thanks!!

Is the connector near U10 a power supply connector (the one with the round hole in the bracket)?
If Yes, I think it is only a diode used to protect your board from a reverse voltage.
You can check if the inner contact of this connector is connected to one of the 2 pins of the diode. Please check also if the other contact is connected to INPUT pin of at least one of the 2 voltage regulators (U2 / U10) [LM1085].
If my suppositions are correct, I think you can substitute your diode with any schottky with a 2A rating. Please choose the diode voltage accordingly to voltage of your power supply.

[some minutes later]
I checked the documents posted by Betwixt: J2 is a power input connector (5V)
see http://www.pender.ch/docs/GR-PCI-XC2V_user_manual.pdf at page 9.
The summentioned diode is surely for reverse polarity protection.

Hey Guys,

I got a reply from the ST support, which says that that based on the part marking, this is #SM6T6V8A.

Thanks a lot to all of you for helping me.

-Jatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back