Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me to calculate a RF mixer output/input power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

An_RF_Newbie

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have two RF generators with 2dBm output power. I have selected ADE-1+ from the mini-circuit. I need to know should I put any amplifier/attenuator for RF/LO inputs.

You question is not clear at all. Could you please elaborate more ?

This mixer needs +7dBm LO Power (min +4dBm), so you should amplify LO signal a bit. Other one is strong enough or you will need attenuate a little bit to prevent 1dB Compression Point that has not been mentioned.
+4dBm LO Power gives more appreciable result in some cases.

For any double balanced diode mixer (including ADE-1) is a good option to place a pad attenuator (at least 6dB) at LO input. This will improve the mixer flatness response over frequency, and also isolation vs frequency for LO port. But this option needs to increase the level of the LO by 6dB, and may need an amplifier on the LO path to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back