Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me to analyse spectrum of discrete signal in matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbaocr

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Hochiminh City university of technology (VietNam)
Activity points
I have a analog signal through the lowpass Filter(fc=40hz) then I sample it which fsample =40hz, and I recieve 200 pieces of that signal into my computer by sampling which f(sample) =40hz.And my problem is how I can analyse spectrum of those 200 pieces discrete signal in matlab.
PLZ help me some code matlab or tell me which macro in Matlab can do it.
thank you very Much

you can
1. plot the signal
2. look at the spectrum of the signal [pwelch]

Hi

If the signal maximum frequency is 40 Hz, at least you should sample it at 80Hz. you need to read about the sampling theorem, otherwise you just are analyzing noise.

good luck

sal

if maximum frequency of your signal is 40 Hz firs you have to sampled that with a frequency greater than 2*40 Hz. Because you have to consider Nyquist rule.
after the convinient sampling you can see the spectrum of your signal. one way is pwelch function in MATLAb. The other way is this function
Y=abs(fft(x,1024)) ;
plot((0:511)/512*Fs/2,Y(1:512));

which Fs is sampling frequency and the size of FFt is 1024.

You shhould also consider windowing. By taking the samples as they are you are implicitly using a rectangular window which modifies the spectrum of the original signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back