Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antenna measurement with spectrum analyzer

Rimvis123

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have SIGLENT SVA 1075X spectrum& Vector Network analyzer and I measured some antennas. I measured SWR, Return loss and used smith chart to see impedances and with this information I wanted to tune antennas to work perfectly in 868Mhz with my board. But is SWR same as VSWR? Because I got 1.07 SWR, but when I google if its good or not internet shows me only VSWR table, so is 1.07 SWR good?

The thread title is already confusing. You talking about VNA measurements, it's irrelevant that instrument has additional SA functionality.

SWR = standing wave ratio
VSWR = voltage standing wave ratio
The terms can be used as sinonyms in the given context.

So I can measure only SWR and using VSWR vs return loss table check if my antenna is good? But why then people measures VSWR using spectrum analyzer like mine with VSWR bridge, when they can straight measure SWR? I'm new with antenna measurements, so sorry for my bad questions.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back