Not open for further replies.

venkat3271

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey,
I have installed Fedora 5... I cant able to configure my net connection in fedora.. I am having DSL modem connected to my Ethernet card... Where i want to configure.???. When i searched in net , i got a software called "rp-pppoe-3.8", which when i installed ,asked all the details such as user name , pass word, DNS address etc(AND IT CHANGES pppoe.config FILE in /etc ACCORDINGLY)... But still , after this software says "connected!! ", i cant able to browse
.. Pl help me ....

Thanks in advance,

Venkatesan.s

Re: Net connection???

PPPoE (Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet) is a protocol used by many ADSL Internet Service Providers. Roaring Penguin has a free PPPoE client for Linux and Solaris systems to connect to PPPoE service providers.

Dubbed RP-PPPoE, this open-source product is ideal for Linux users with a DSL "modem" whose Internet service provider uses PPPoE. Before you download this software, check whether or not you really need it.

rp-pppoe your ISP uses PPPoE, but has given you a router, you may not need a PPPoE client on your Linux box. DHCP may work fine.

Net connection???

rp-pppoe-3.8 have a gui interface, you can use it to watch status of the net.

Maybe your firewall's security is high that reject all the package.

Ryan

venkat3271

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

rp-pppoe-3.8 have a gui interface, you can use it to watch status of the net.

Maybe your firewall's security is high that reject all the package.

Ryan

Hey,
I disabled the firewall and tried using rp-pppoe-3.8.. but Still i cant connect to net
When i use "pppoe-status" , i shows my IP address but the transmitted and recieved bytes is showing as "TX: 3:Error RX:3 Error "... IS there any other software which sort out this problem?????

Net connection???

1. I have used a command line type of pppoe software.
adsl-setup, adsl-connect, adsl-statue.you can try them.
adsl-setup give you steps to config you ISP.
adsl-connect begin to connect to net. if the response say ok, then maybe you can connect ot net.

2. Check if your ethernet network card is fine.

venkat3271

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Thanks RDRyan......... I got connection in fedora... I used that adsl-setup command to configure it..
Thanks a lot....

Status
Not open for further replies.