Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help in Poly Resistors layout ( L-Edit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karim AbdelMoneim

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys...
am using L-Edit and i want to layout a 5k ohm resistors using poly in my circuit,
i gave it a try but the netlist for the extracted file gave me this (R1 ? ? R=0)

i also have these question marks instead of the node number of source region in my PMOS transistors...

Does any one have an explanation ??

thnxxx..

hello

For drawing acpacitor and resistor supportive fies has to be loaded .

or u can use macros or tcells to draw inductor ,cap and resistor.

have you seen the help from tanner..that can hreally help...or you can import those resistors from other platform this all is given therein help

to draw resistor in l-edit you need to understand the "extract definition file" format. the file has an extension *.ext. this file tell you how L-edit extract resistor, MOSFET and capisitor from drawn layout. you should read the manual from L-EDIT and you will get what i mean. Beside you need to know the file format, you also need to consult your fabs process manual. in the manual fabs always tell how the layout of poly transistor is realize. hope this help a bit.

Hi,
as per my knowledge, for different technology .ext file definition for resistor is different. Example-- In all tech you can draw the resistor using poly2. for identification of your resistor there would be a special layer like reslayer. you need to cover your resistor layout using this layer then tool will identify it and extract correct value of your resistor.
Similarly for recognizing resistor terminal there would be RESTERM layer which you need to cover your resistor terminal (contact) on both side layout using this layer then tool will identify it and extract correct terminal(node) name of your resistor.
If you follow this method then you will find extracted resistor like
R1 2 3 10kohm

thanks

As rajkumaru said, you need to define a resistor-identifier layer. For instance call it RES_ID. this layer must be set a drawn. This layer supperposed to poly (whichever it be) will give you the recognition layer that you need to define a generated (RES_RECOGN = RES_ID AND POLY). Then you must define in you extract file a connection between RES_RECOGN and poly, as it is POLY which contacts metal (your resistor's terminals). Then define the extract rules of your resistor. I can bet there is similar example in Tanner's manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back