Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help in FPGA Design(Xilinx LUT-4 Problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sekonder85

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
xilinx lut4

Hi everyone,
I am working on a project that uses spartan series FPGA. In my design includes 4 top-block and they include sub blocks and goes like that. The problem is that when I tries to synthesize the whole project I see that my LUT-4 is used %95 but it is not possible. Because my FPGA is enough big for my project. But when I synthesize the my 4 block I see that LUT-4 usage does not exceed %2 for each. I ask that what causes this increased LUT-4 usage when I synthesize whole design which combines only these 4 blocks ...

Thanks for helps...

lut-4

may be that when you sintetyze your blocks alone, xst cut a lot of logic unconnect.
when you try whit the entire project you can't remove anithing.
the best way to check what happens is to open a case whit xilinx.
you can send him your project and they can reply.
or if you like you can share your project whit others.
bye.
g.

lut vs lut4 in fpga

Thanks for reply but I found the reason and solve it...

lut design

Can u share it with us, so that it can help others. what was the problem and solution...

- Keshav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back