Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help!:how to awoid LVS CHECK to show the following unmatch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saiaoying

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
virtual connect in hercules lvs

1.Phenomenon:
if don't place a connecting metal between two same VSS net, then it always remind me unmatch when i do LVS CHECK.

2.Question:
if i surelly do not want to do it, how should i setup or do something to avoid this LVS CHECK errors??

Help!
i will do appreciate your advice!!

lvs check

Two VSS net should be connected by metal layers. But if your layout is a part of a bigger design, may be you want to leave it unconnected and connect them in the upper level. In this case, you can label them both with "VSS", and add a property to the cellview:
property name: joinableNet
property type: string
property value: VSS
This solution is for diva. For other verification tools, there should be some rule to connect nets with same label -- diva also has such rule.

Re: help!:how to awoid LVS CHECK to show the following unmat

if u r using caliber or dracula, just put colon on both VSS...
eg: VSS:
u may also apply it to VDD...

Re: help!:how to awoid LVS CHECK to show the following unmat

Putting colon will declare the nets as a global net.
You can avoid this by using a "virtual connect" switch.
The virtual connect will short the two different nets through text/label placed on the net.

PS: This virtual connect switch exists for both calibre and hercules. I have no idea whether it is there in Diva.

--cmos_dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back