Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Has anyone install IC50 on Fedora Core 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have installed ic 5..0.41 on fedora core 2 platform on a p4 pc.If works fine without any problems.
when u install put this varible in bashrc: export ld_assume_kernel=2.4.1.

regards
amarnath

amarnath said:
i have installed ic 5..0.41 on fedora core 2 platform on a p4 pc.If works fine without any problems.
when u install put this varible in bashrc: export ld_assume_kernel=2.4.1.

regards
amarnath
your wavescan on spcetre can work?.I install ic 5.141 on rhel3 update3. I only make AWD work.

iam not dreaming.please post something useful.i have installed ic 5.1.41 on fedora core2 platform.wavesacn does not seem to be running but u can use awd instead.someone could solve this problem with wavescan.but awd is not bad.

regards
amarnath

would some one give me help of installing cadence ic 5141 in redhat 9.0
i need the step for install.when i follow the step in INSTALL.HTML on the cd,i do not know how to do after "load the products",and the fellow step is"Configure the Licensing ",but i i can not follow because of the difference in installing.
and i need the way to set system environment.

please search the forum.all the detailed steps for installing cadence ic are given.any more help u can ask for it.

hjankin said:
rh7.2 and as3 is the best platform for EDA.

I agree and have full expereinces with rh7.2
BUT
Please list supported (and tested) EDA tools on Redhat AS3?

tnx

I'm using Fedora core 3 with IC 5.033 with no problems.
Bastos

danielhs said:
hi, basto

Did you install 5033 from fc3 as well?
and run pss pxf without problem at all?

tnx
--dan

No. I have used a tar of the IC instalation from a previous linux 7.3.

Bastos

i installed ic 5 on fedora core2 .i did not upgrade the kernel.i am able to run icfb without any problem.

regards
amarnath

exeiji said:
Hi,

I installed IC50 under FC2 with AMD64. icfb starts up fine but I can't bring up the library manager. When I click on the library manager, it pauses for a while and then shows

*WARNING* (ddsOpenLibManager) unable to connect to library manager (60 tries)

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance!!
you may be a user of cable modem and you set the dynamic IP address.
When you boot the system , you can see a warning about the IP address.
The modification is add the hostname in the /etc/hosts.

You hostname may be dhcp-xxx-xxx, where xxx is the number of your cable modem.

The hostname is added behind 127.0.0.1.
Then the starting-up warning will disappear.
The initializtion time shorten for ICFB and you can use the library manager.

Good luck!

rh7.2 and as3 is the best platform for EDA.
You can install some rpm packages in order to support IC50 on Fedora.

dumeHCM said:
IC50 doesn't support Fedora Core 2 !

yes,it is right. i also met this difficulty.

I enountered a problem when starting the license with lmgrd -c license.dat. It always tells me the the host name is invalid. What exactly do I have to put in the first line of the license file for localhost.localdomain? I have tried everything.
Also, whe starring icfb and invoking the library manager it tells me that it cannot connect to the host. (Time out) By the way I am using Suse 9.3.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks.

hi

I fixed my problem with the host and have Cadence and LDV51 running nicely on Suse 9.3. The problem was that the license would not recognize my host name. It would always say it is invalid. This was solved by adding the host to /etc/hosts.
I don't really know a lot about Linux (yet), but you could check your license host matches the one in /etc/hosts, especially when login on from a different PC

I had the same problem with Library Manager. I have Suse 10.0_64bit. In order to avoid those errors I used export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 and start cadence with linux32 icfb

Status
Not open for further replies.