Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hardware for vibration purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_embedded

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm currently trying out a new habilitation theory. What I want is a vibrator that can stimulate my skin with a frequency range of 4-400 Hz. I also want to be able to controll the intensity (power) of the vibration. A requirement is that the device (module) is quite small (like the ones in cellular phones.). I've searched alibaba.com etc. but can't find any devices that fulfills this frequency range. Does anyone have any suggestions about what device to use?

Really thankful for your help guys,
/ mr_embedded

Phone vibrators use a motor with off-centre weight. You could do the same thing, although to get 400Hz you need a motor that will go pretty fast (24,000 rpm). It also needs to have some decent bearings. The alternative is something solenoid based with a variable frequency drive.

Keith.

Thanks Keith for your reply!

The solenoid solution is interesting but haven't found a good supplier or retailer. Do you have any suggestions? Would also be interested if you know any good retailers for the phone vibrators?

Anyhow the phone vibrators, are those controlable with respect to frequency?

Regards,
mr_embedded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back