Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rewrite matlab code for hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

asai9493

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on implementation of PLL (phase locked loop).

The implementation in MATLAB is done. It should be simulated in a similar way in hardware. Honestly, I don’t understand what a simulation in hardware means. Does anyone explain it to me?

I have read the software engineers use FPGA for software development. I am familiar with FPGA a lit a bit, like how to describe board in Xilinx, or switch a led on/off…such simple stuff.

Does a simulation in hardware mean to rewrite it for FPGA?

Please, could you give me some example how such code looks like

Matlab is a mathematics program. You built your PLL in "math", and it works, as you report.

Yes, you will need to build your PLL in "some device", that is, re-write for the device you want to use.
It would be best to do this for whatever real hardware device you want to use when you actully build your machine.

I am working on implementation of PLL (phase locked loop).

The implementation in MATLAB is done. It should be simulated in a similar way in hardware. Honestly, I don’t understand what a simulation in hardware means. Does anyone explain it to me?

I have read the software engineers use FPGA for software development. I am familiar with FPGA a lit a bit, like how to describe board in Xilinx, or switch a led on/off…such simple stuff.

Does a simulation in hardware mean to rewrite it for FPGA?

Please, could you give me some example how such code looks like
I don't think simulation in hardware in this context means to rewrite it for FPGA, that would be an implementation.

If you are creating an analog PLL then you would simulate it for hardware using something like SPICE or perhaps Verilog-A.
If you are creating a digital PLL then you would write VHDL/Verilog and simulate the digital design in Modelsim, VCS, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back