Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guidelines for RF PCB design in range of 200 MHz - 1 GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
RF PCB design

It is also important to take great care on the dielectric coefficient of the PCB and the thickness of the copper .
It is significant if the design frequency is large, say >900MHz.

Also, I found the green paint on the PCB will also affect the frequency responses in certain level.

I remember, I have a 2.4GHz antenna PCB designed using microstrip line, the impedance of the antenna will not the same for the presence of those paints ont the microstrip lines.

Re: RF PCB design

U should download some ebooks about HighSpeed PCB Design ( U can find on this site), Usethe high End software like. Cadence Allegro, Mentor WG or BoardStation to make it. and about the RF I thinkU also have experience from PCB Expert.

Regards

lguancho said:
In pcb routing, whether for low or high frequency, keep the following in mind:
[3] Ok, you like to impose the frequency range in questions. I only use the expected highest frequency of operation in calculating the trace width of RF trace, generally 50 ohm. No such things as using wider arbitary width in higher frequency. You have to calculate them. For Bluetooth, I use a frequncy of 2.5GHz for calculating the trace width, taking into the account of the pcb stackup design.

Cheers!

how I can calculate this 50 ohm impedance?...or we can calculate this than a resistance?(I don't think so...is only a question)..have anyone a software who can calculate this for the frequency I want to use?

I found a small software who can calcul the impedaces of the board traces and more other things ...maybe will useful and for all who have this problem and don't know how to calculate this 50 ohm impedance

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back